Thursday, August 1, 2013

Background, Part III

You would think that things would have been better once I got home. I mean externally it did, but inside I still had a deep longing to be with a girl. Did I mention that the church considered everyone else, even Christians that were not going to their church “lost?” So, they would not let people date outside of the ICOC. This was a problem, as it limited the choices of women. I grew very horny at times, not having an outlet. I eventually moved to a different area to pursue a nursing degree, while still attending the ICOC in that area (remember, they taught that anyone that wasn’t a part of their church was going to hell). The people at that place were, frankly, a bunch of assholes. My enthusiasm hit an all-time low.  I fell into depression. After 7 years, I finally left that church, hating God and vowing never to go near another church again. How did I go from being a hardcore “Disciple” to being almost an atheist? 

No comments:

Post a Comment