Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Another victim of the purity culture

Hi there. I know it's been a long time since I posted anything, but I've been really busy. Still no excuse, but just haven't been up to doing any blogging. Hopefully, it won't be a pattern that will continue. Anyway, onto today's topic. These stories just keep popping up. A friend of mine told me about this one. It's sad how good people that want to do the right thing are simply suckered into this crap.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/samantha-pugsley/2014/08/i-waited-until-my-wedding-night-to-lose-my-virginity-and-i-wish-i-hadnt/


The thing that got me was when she said that she hated sex. I don't care who you are. You should never say that. You know you are a sexual being, right? You were designed that way. Don't ever feel guilty or apologize for being sexual. Every one of us is. It's in our nature. Sex is why there are billions of people on the planet now. Samantha, I too was led to believe that if I did everything my pastor told me and that I refrained from "lusting" that I would get the marriage of a lifetime that I've always wanted. After all, "seek first the Kingdom." That's the kind of stuff that kept me from enjoying what should have been the best years of my life to it's fullest. Hey, we're meant to have sex during our youth, and lots of it. Instead, some of us get duped into thinking that if we dip our dicks into a nice warm pussy or let our bodies get penetrated with a dick without a wedding ring on, we will end up in a hot, stinky place where we will scream and cry in agony for all eternity. If you are a young person, I implore you - don't let anyone control your life. It's okay to forego sex and save yourself for marriage. But - make sure that's your own decision, and not something that someone forced on you or conned you into believing would be a magic pill. It's your body. Yours, and no one else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment