Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Celibacy

Can I be honest about how I feel about this topic? Celibacy sucks.
Fuck you, celibacy. Fuck you in the ass.
Let me just get that off my chest. As someone who has experienced long periods of celibacy, I know the frustration, the loneliness, the resentment of those who have had to go through this. And you know what? I didn't have to.  I could've been out there partying like everyone else, instead of trying to be "pure," as defined by evangelical circles. This is why I don't go to any churches any more. I hate the purity culture. I hate this particular aspect of it more than anything. They say, "You can't have sex before you're married, but when you do get married, the sex will be wonderful" (bullshit*cough, cough). So, if I never get married, I will never get to have sex?? If I don't marry, I'll die a virgin? No, thanks. Besides, celibacy is unnatural. You hear that? The same wording that they use for homosexuals and homosexuality, I'm using to describe their idiotic message of prudery. It is unnatural. Everything in nature reproduces. Every living creature has a drive for sex. It's a wonderful thing. So stop "denying yourself" and just let go. Enjoy yourself, and enjoy the body that you've been given.


Here are some articles for you to consider: 



What say you? What do you think about purity and celibacy?

No comments:

Post a Comment