Monday, September 2, 2013

Lord, Save Us From Your Followers

Just watched a great documentary, starring a Christian Evangelical, as he goes about the country getting people's opinion about Christians. It's very balanced and takes both sides (Left and Right) into consideration. See the film on Netflix
...or here:


I don't call myself a Christian anymore. That's not to say that I totally reject the faith. I just can't stand some people that I have to share the "Christian" label with. I mean, Christ was all about love. He was Love defined as he claimed to have come straight from His Father, the Father and Creator of All. Yet, we see in His followers a lot of hate, bigotry, criticism, cynicism, pride, injustice, racism, prejudice, elitism, and intolerance. So, I don't call myself a Christian anymore because I don't want to be associated with that garbage. And I won't call myself a Christian until that changes and we start loving each other as Christ loved us. I hope I see that in my lifetime but if it doesn't happen and that means I never call myself a Christian again in this world, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment